Course Description: Intermediate Web Design builds on the material covered in the Introduction to Web Design course, and is suitable for those who are familiar with Hyper Text Mark-up Language (HTML) and are keen to further their knowledge and skills in the web development domain.
Duration: 2 days
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is widely used in controlling the appearance of the web design by separating the visual presentation from the content. CSS is quickly becoming popular tool for web designers and those who wish to enhance their own web pages in the quickest, most efficient way. This course covers the basics of CSS syntax and use to create an attractive, easy-to-use web page.
CSS is simple, powerful, and practical and appropriate for all users who have a solid working knowledge of HTML.
This course builds on the material covered in the 'Introduction to Web Design' course. The following topics will be covered:
1. Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) language;
- Understanding CSS properties and values;
- CSS Classes Inheritance;
- CSS positioning;
- CSS Layouts;
- Create a website using CSS Layout.
- Implementation of Graphics slideshows and
- Dynamic HTML into web pages
The course will use Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 as its HTML editor but knowledge of the software is not essential to enrol in the course.
Learning Outcomes: On completion of the course learners will be able to -
- Create attractive design layouts using CSS;
- use CSS for formatting, positioning content in web pages without using tables;
- design style sheets for both the screen and print media;
Target Market: This course is designed for students, IT staff, sole traders or business people who are wishing to upgrade features to their existing website.
Fee: $495.00 (incl GST)